Friday, October 17, 2008

The Hutch!


So here it is. In all its splendor. I got some of our company dishes and serving stuff in it today. Lots of lower shelving space. Tonight we got our chair at Crate and Barrel and I happened to have a 10% off so got the two blue pieces. I didn't want the clutter of glasses/cups you name it. And I LOVE blue. But after the fiasco of the bedroom, we'll use it as brilliant accent pieces.

Big sister... the silver bowl is so pretty on the bottom shelf!

And so today was good. All this 'stuff' doesn't really matter in light of life in the big picture. A feeling of a heavy heart for the servant lost. We hope it encourages others to think of the needs out there and it just is so vital for us to encourage them in any way we can. And that is what we live for, no?

Tonight as we ate supper, Trevor was telling us about his teacher. He was feeling ill during the day yesterday. And then he told the class when they left for lunch, 'if I'm not here when you get back, go find someone'. Well they get back from lunch and there is no Mr. Moore. Today he tells us that Mr. Moore had to go to the emergency room to get his 'independix' out! Wow! I wonder where you find one of those???

I'm hearing of friendly lurkers more and more. Those that silently come onto the scene, read and look at what they want at this blogspot and slyly sneak out again. But you know what? Somehow that doesn't bother me. As long as you are nice people!

8 comments:

  1. I like! (the hutch) The teacher told the kids to "go find someone"? LOL He must have been in pain. I walked around for almost a week in pain (and worked all over down in IL)before going to ER & getting mine out. Not fun. Lots of people have told me too that they're reading my blog but never comment. I don't mind either but it would be nice to hear from them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are some of your lurkers :) Nice to keep up with your family a little bit, since we don't see you too often. Love the new house/items. But like you said, they are not what matter most. Glad we can know that and be assured of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. and since I'll likely never know about the 'un-nice' ones, I guess it's all the same, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you re lurkers... for the most part, as long as they're 'nice' I don't mind... of course, it is nice to get comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK OK OK --- I'll finally publicly "come out of the closet"! :) Oh wait -- that doesn't sound quite right, but you know what I mean since I did e-mail you yesterday and guiltily "disclose" my lurkiness without comment! :) You probably do not want anymore comments from me now after this one! hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a "hutch" that you pretty much can tell who's coming and going with your traffic feed. :) Pretty easy to hop over here from another link...but here we are, enjoying your discourse for the day! Hi Linda and all, we're enjoying a sunny Fall day in FC Ioway! BTW I kinda like dishes in a hutch...like your Gma had..it looks homey and hospitable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Linda,
    I also check your blog every few weeks and it always is very entertaining!--especially when Duane got pulled over by the police :)
    Kerry Accola

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'm definitely not silent, am i ..in fact , let me know if i comment too much. i just find there's too much to say! as in..i love that lapis blue!! they look beautiful with the yellow walls. thanks for your posts! love seeing your house! glad you're feeling more and more at home there.

    ReplyDelete