Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Wisconsin character

He stepped right out of a page in a book. Garrison Keillor has written about MN characters. Someone should write about my WI chimney guy. He drove in the driveway with his big truck and trailer. Came inside and answered all my wood stove questions as if he's burned wood since toddlerhood. Interjected 'you bet, ya know, up nort, yah sure, ain't dat da truth' and on it went. Endearing? Sure. To the point of me almost wanting to smile. I actually baited him and asked a few things to hear the response I wanted to hear. It was fun! And the best thing about him? He didn't charge a thing. I'm not sure why. Becuase he didn't feel we actually need the chimney swept? So yes, there are some honest service people out there yet.

Now I await Mr. Invisible Dog Fence man. He's to tell me the optimum placement to keep Lisi from visiting anyone that happens to come within 1/8 of a mile of our place. Boy she's in for a lifestyle change! For the better. I think she's sick of being on the little staked area all the time.

1 comment:

  1. I REALLY do need to get us one of them wood stoves, not only for the warmth, but maybe even for the interesting conversations I just might have with the chimney sweep guy;o)!

    ReplyDelete