Thursday, October 30, 2008

I got to a gas station!

Yep. It's me. Lisi. You know that lady that yells at me but loves me anyway? Well yesterday right after those noisy small people got on the bus, she said, 'up you go'. You know what that means? A ride! I'm never sure where we're going. You see she uses lots (and lots and lots) of words. I'm limited in what I understand. I'm really good with sit, down, stay, come, front, treat... (but I don't always listen even though I understand). So I enthusiastically get in a vehicle not knowing if I'm going to the dog kennel/spa place I LOVE to go to. Or if it is the vet (scary fun), or to just run errands, or to Grandpa's. But I hop in and just wait it out to see where we end up.

Yesterday, we rode and rode (seemed like forever). I did a couple of heavy sighs so the big lady driving would know I was bored. Well then the van slowed down. Stopped! I perked up. Sat up. Then she let me out! She didn't bother with a leash and so I immediately ran in a frantic circle. I was at a place where there were these big things that smelled well, gassy. And there were people and cars and noise. The big lady took me to some grass and told me to 'go potty' (another thing I know what she's saying). So I did my business and then bossy lady told me to head back to the van. Um. No. I see a guy and a little boy. They must love dogs. They would surely love to be cheered up by me running up to them since I know I'm adorable. Sure enough they seemed thrilled. I heard the lady calling my name (another word I know), but I decided that right now was not the time to listen to her. I'm spreading goodwill and cheer to some people coming out of a store. Wait a minute! I see a door open! And I smell... is that meat? You see there is a big yellow M at the top of this builing that also sells the gassy stuff. We've been there before. I've tasted some of it. It is... well to me very yummy. So the open door beckons and in I go! There are lots of people smiling. Laughing in fact. The big bossy lady looks cross. I'm looking at the counter hoping a piece of something drops. But no! Here she comes! She grabbed my pink collar, muttered some more apologies (this lady does that a lot when I'm involved), and off we go. No taste of burger. No treat of any kind. Just an open door back in the van and to Grandpa's we go. I think the big lady that yells at me and loves me anyway secretly thought I was kinda funny running into that building. But she never told me. And if she did, I wouldn't understand her anyway.

So there was my latest adventure! Stay tuned.

p.s. some really nice, big guy came out a couple days ago and walked our whole lot. He was showing the big lady some stuff about keeping me in the lot with a secret fence that is hidden below the ground. It is making me nervous as my freedom might be soon coming to an end. Is there anyone I can sue for liberty???

2 comments:

  1. Linda- I love your Lisi chronicles- this way I can experience the joys of dog owning without the responsibility! Hope you are feeling better- virus? They come in all shapes and sizes and can last days! Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fence it is, huh? The extra work with her when the kids went to school must not have panned out, huh?

    ReplyDelete