Monday, October 13, 2008

Monday mush

* I have a garbage disposer! Know I can't use it for big stuff, but for all the gunk left in oatmeal bowls, teeny scraps of ick that are left on plates... I'm going to love having one again. Plumber and electrician came almost simultaneously. Happy day!

* The wood guy came back. Think redneck. Dumped a face cord of oak with huge apologies again. Then talked (and I'm not stretching this) nearly 1/2 hour on the economy. Hey buddy, your big ol' truck is sitting their idling. Why don't you just move along and save some diesel and me some time! I was polite as long as I could be. In the conversation though, he mentioned he was 43 which happens to be my age. And he looked... old and overweight. But we'll use them again I reckon since he's been so fair and the wood is so nice.

* The painter lady comes back! I like her. She's going to do some baseboard and shoe work for us. And! She may get a quart of a green to do a practice run to make sure it makes the approval of the said Chairman. Then maybe all our quandries will be over. The blue isn't cutting it. Thanks to many of you for suggestions...

* Tomorrow a hutch is delivered. And a chair. Lots of people coming and going it seems.

* Lisi loves it. She thinks they've all come personally just for her happiness. But right now she's waiting not so patiently for a walk. And I need one. I just ate one of those icky Little Debbie thingys. I think my carotid artery is trying to decide what to do with it.

* We were at a funeral yesterday that was so helpful and encouraging and huge. I think they set up 500 chairs and still added more. It was sad, yet it isn't either when the victory is won. I had the privilege of being among four other singers that are better than I am. For some reason, I really don't get nervous singing at funerals. Maybe I'm just not a nervous singer. My elder, who happens to sing as well, sits right next to me and whispers very interesting and sometimes very, very funny things in my ear. That must help too!

* We are invited to go over to friends for a birthday supper tonight for a good friend that is now 7. She is in Mira's grade at the same school. And she was adopted from China, so we seem to have a double-bond with her. I could add that right before we found out Mira was coming, I was thinking there was just 'one more' that needed to come home from China. It weighed heavy on my heart. Then I got a call to write a reference letter for this family. And afterwards it was very clear to me, "She" is going to live with them. One more has come home. But she'll live not with us. And this little "She" is a very special girl with a very wonderful family. And then Mira came shortly afterwards. So that's how the plan was supposed to be I guess.

Better go before the dog gets really ornery. Plus I have a face cord of wood to stack!

5 comments:

  1. What color of green did you decide on? We have a sage green, but there's some nice darker green/brown colors that might work, too. Do you have a lot of light in your room? If not, the darker color might be too dark.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering who your nephew was, but because of testing the kids had in school we couldn't leave until Thurs. morning, and didn't get there until the last meeting that day. So, unfortunately we missed hearing him :o(!
    I have to add, I love, love, love the picture you have in the girls bathroom. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to go check who your elder is... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. who passed on? anyone i know? i'm sort of out of the loop.
    if you need any green i can send you some..seems everything is green upstairs except the plants.

    ReplyDelete